Gender and Spanking Implements

 Time for a long discussion post. First one. I've only been posting for seven and a half months...

Note: this is only about trends I have noticed in both my and others' art. At no point on this or any other post will I be discussing actual corporal punishment of real children or non-consenting adults.

There does seem to be a marked difference along gender lines in which spanking implements are used. Some are evenly distributed, while others are not. There are also a few other things I've noticed.

First, the hand. Most commonly used for obvious reasons; I think I have more hand spankings than all implements combined. In my work men are a bit less likely to hand spank girls on the bare bottom (2 out of 14, 29%) than women are to hand spank boys or girls bare (3 out of 6, 50% and 6 out of 17, 35%, respectively). On the other hand (heh), men are more likely to hand spank girls on the underwear (7 of 14, 50%) than women with boys (0) or girls (5 of 17, 29%). Fully clothed it is M/f 3 of 14, 21%, F/m 3 of 6, 50%, F/f 6 of 17, 35%.

I'm sure all of this OCD data is just fascinating for y'all.

Other implements that see a solid mix between male and female use are the paddle (by far the most common in my art, with 6 M/f and 10 F/f uses), the ruler/yardstick, the switch/birch, the cane, and the whip (the last at least in others' art; I don't plan to make much use of it, having only done so once so far and then mostly as a prop).

The strop/tawse and belt have always felt like male implements to me. Of course, of the three strop scenes I've rendered, 2 were F/f, but still.

As for female implements, there is the flogger/martinet and the riding crop/quirt. Unless the guy is meant to have an aristocratic air, men often just look silly with crops, like some stuffy old-time military officer complete with monocle and big handlebar mustache and either a pith helmet (if British) or a Pickelhaube (if German). The wooden spoon is used almost exclusively by women, and there's probably some sexism in there, but that's how it is; no expression of politics, just fantasy. The slipper/plimsole is rather unique in that not only the user but also the target are overwhelmingly female.

The hairbrush (second most common in my art, 7 F/f, 2 F/m, 1 M/f) is mostly female with one major exception: when the man takes the woman's own hairbrush and turns it against her (usually a husband/wife scene, though mine is actually grandfather/granddaughter). Its big sibling the bath brush is similarly female-use.

Which brings me to complaints. Unfortunately I might not ever get to use the bath brush, because as far as I know no modification has been made, and I don't have the tech skills to do it myself, at least not yet. And I can't use the same tricks I have for cane or belt, since I can't stretch out only a part of an object. If I were to try to expand a hairbrush's handle, it would just look like a distorted hairbrush.

Things I wish I could find mods for:

Bathbrush

Switch

Birch

Cane

Ruler and/or yardstick

Lexan paddle

Tawse

Belt

Dropseat pajamas

Stripes suitable for caning or birching

Tuxedo wearable by female characters (not spanking-related, but for something else I want to do, namely a lesbian wedding)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rari-punk

Mom Bares the Buns #1